It’s not easy keeping on top of your bookkeeping when you’re single-handedly running a business.
You understandably want to focus on the tasks that bring the money in.
You’d rather forget about that company that owes you money, they’ll never pay up.
There are too many invoices to go through to see if everyone’s paid.
You’re sure you paid that supplier, but you’ll just pay them again as they’re hassling.
You get to year end and wonder how the hell the tax bill is that much?
I don’t need to tell you that keeping on top of your bookkeeping enables you to see, at any time, how the finances are. It helps to keep on top of creditors and also takes the headache out of year-end accounts, but where are you supposed to find the time when you’re doing everything else in the business?
I am based in Swindon, Wiltshire and work with clients all over the UK taking away their bookkeeping hassles. Clients send me their receipts, invoices and instructions via email!
AAT2 qualified (distinction) and supervised by HMRC for money laundering.
Bookkeepers do not replace the need for an accountant and you remain accountable for your own finances.
Initial Cloud Based Bookkeeping Set UpUsing FreeAgent
- Making Tax Digital is a key part of the government’s plans to make it easier for individuals and businesses to get their tax right and keep on top of their affairs.
- By having all your transactions online you’ll be able to reconcile so much more easily, and your accountant can also logon to see how things are whenever they need to.
- I’ll set up your bank feed. Plus, give you 30 minutes Skype call training on how to use it, if required.
- I recommend FreeAgent* and possibly ReceiptBank* too, depending on your outgoings. Prices vary between providers, but these are my favourite – they’re so easy to use – please check their websites for up-to-date subscription costs.
Monthly BookkeepingCloud Based Accounting
- Profit and loss statements
- Monthly reconciliation
- Maintain log of expenses and receipts
- Mileage calculations