As a mother of a millennial I had to get with the acronyms if I was to make any sense of the texts that she’s been sending me over the last 8 years. CBA is one of my favourites… It wasn’t just confined to a text though, it was also said out loud, usually with a hair flick; and that’s just me.
CBA, if you’re not yet cool, means ‘Can’t Be Arsed’. Does your website make the audience feel like that? Can you think of the last time you visited a website and that acronym would’ve been perfect?
For me it’s
- Double pop ups
- How was your visit? (when I’ve literally just finished typing the URL)
- Full page adverts that you have to chase around the screen to find the ‘skip’
- Broken links
- Too much text telling me everything but what I visited for
I work with a great mix of small business owners, and they know their stuff, but like you, they’re busy, so won’t always have time to focus on the acquisition of new clients and the poor old website gets left.
But stop! This is your 24/7 shop front. It’s what works for you while you sleep, eat, work, repeat – it needs to work.
How’s the customer journey?
Forget what you know about your business, forget what you think people will know about your business and start from the beginning.
If I was to look at your website now;
- How long will it take me to find out what you do?
- How long will it take me to find out how much it’s going to cost me?
- How long will it take me to find out how to contact you?
- How long will it take me to nod off?
- Are there broken links?
- Is there conflicting information?
Does your website tell people what you can do for them, but bore them to death before they find it.
It’s been said that we spend fifteen seconds on a website looking for what we need before we head off, I think it’s probably a lot less now in our fast paced, CBA world, don’t you?
“I am once again drawing the attention of all departments to the importance of brevity”Winston Churchill
I can review up to eight pages and come back with a report on changes to aid your customer journey within 72 hours all for just £155. Buy now.